Muscle and joint pain can be caused by a variety of factors, including injury, overuse (repeating the same action all day), inflammation, and age-related degeneration including arthritis. Common symptoms of muscle and joint pain are pain, stiffness, inflammation, and reduced mobility. Such pain can be debilitating and significantly affect your quality of life.
As Osteopaths, our special interest is the musculoskeletal system and our aim is to alleviate your muscle and joint pain. We will use a hands-on approach to diagnose and treat musculoskeletal conditions. We will focus on your body as a whole rather than just the affected area. We will also look at your lifestyle…. is your arm sore from holding your computer mouse all day? Or from throwing a ball over your shoulder?
Osteopathy will assist with:
- Sprains and strains in all parts of your body
- Tendon pain
- Bursitis or other forms of inflammation
- Limited mobility
- Pain caused by arthritic joints
Ways we may treat you:
- Soft tissue treatment (massage)
- Mobilisation of the joints
- Dry needling
- Prescribed exercise (clinical exercise) for strengthening and stretching
- Recommendations such as heat packs and rest
Book online or call 03 9830 7044 to make an appointment