Who we treat
Our osteopaths treat patients through many stages of life including:
- Babies and children
- Teenagers with study strains
- Pregnant and post-natal women
- Athletes (beginner to professional)
- Members of the work force with computer or heavy lifting related pain
- Seniors with general stiffness
What we treat
We treat many kinds of joint or muscular pain. Including:
- Headaches and migraines: Studies show that 75% of the populations suffer one or more headaches each year. Common headaches involve pain in and around the face regions varying from an ‘ache’ to deeper ‘boring’ pain and even ‘pounding’. The Spring osteopaths are trained to diagnose and manage such problems.
- Back pain: Up to 80% of Australians suffer back pain at some point in their life. Our osteopaths consider the many factors that can contribute to your back pain and recommend treatment that may include an osteopath management plan, exercise, massage or referral.
- Neck and shoulder pain: The neck and shoulder are prone to injury. Treatment depends on the cause, but may include soft tissue massage, mobilisation to stretch tight muscles and other soft tissue structures, mobilisation or manipulation of the joint or specific exercise programs.
- Sports injuries: Common injuries that our osteopaths treat include ankle strain; groin strain; hamstring strain; knee joint injuries and stress fractures, particularly in the lower limbs. Each of our osteopaths come from a strong sports background and have a particular interest in this field.
What else we treat
- Arthritic pain and stiffness
- Muscle and joint pain
- Heel and foot pain
- Pregnancy and post-natal related pain
- Elderly related pain
- Postural related pain (heavy lifting and desk bound)
- Study strain
- Knee pain
- Ankle pain
- Ask about other pain types and we’ll let you know
How we treat
We take a holistic approach to your treatment by reviewing your direct problem area as well as assessing your whole body and lifestyle. This assists us to understand the cause of the problem and find ways for you to gain immediate and long-term relief; offer preventative solutions; and equip you with pain management skills.
We use our hands to treat you. We work with your muscles, joints, ligaments and tendons using a combination of stretch, massage, pressure point and manipulation techniques. Generally you would expect to see some changes to your condition within a couple of visits. Some patients book in for periodic check-ups, which assists us to recognise the indicators before the pain develops.
We have recently introduced Radial Shockwave Therapy as an adjunct to our osteopathy treatment. Please click here for more information about this therapy and whether it may assist you.
Tools we may use
Whilst we mainly use our hands to treat you we also have a fully equipped clinic with additional tools to assist us. These include:
- Shockwave therapy
- Pilates studio equipment and props including therabands
Who we work with
At Spring Osteo we work with a range of complementary medical, health and fitness practitioners to assist with achieving the best health results for you. We work with GPs, specialists, radiologists, physiotherapists, massage therapists, local gyms, personal trainers and naturopaths. When required we may refer you to these practitioners for further or dual treatment. We can also work with any existing practitioners you may already see and feel comfortable with.
How you book
You don’t need a referral to make an appointment with us, you can simply book online or call 9830 7044.
For more information about Osteopathy please go to www.osteopathy.org.au