17 August 2018
Spring Osteo Clinic has introduced exercise physiology for health conditions and long-term pain. The primary goal of exercise physiology is to prevent or manage chronic conditions and diseases via safe, effective and personalised exercise programs, lead by an accredited exercise physiologist.
Clinic owner, Nick Harrison felt that exercise physiology would complement the clinic’s existing services (osteopathy, massage and Pilates) by giving his patients an added way of managing long-term pain. He says ‘our new service uses exercise and movement for the prevention and management of chronic conditions, providing support for people with a vast range of conditions’.
- Cardiopulmonary diseases: Hypertension, Atherosclerosis, Coronary Artery Diseases (CAD), heart failure and peripheral vascular diseases
- Pulmonary diseases: Asthma and COPD
- Metabolic conditions:Overweight, Obesity, Diabetes, pre-Diabetes and high cholesterol
- Musculoskeletal:Low back pain, joint pain, osteoporosis and osteopenia
- Neuromuscular conditions: Stroke, Spinal Cord Injury, Parkinson’s disease, MS, cerebral palsy, etc.
- Sport-related rehabilitation:Muscle strains, ligament tear, tendinopathy and fractures
- Age-related improvement:Balance improvement, sarcopenia and functional movement screening
- Fitness assessment:Flexibility, strength and VO2max assessment.
Jack Qin, the clinic’s new EP who is fluent in English and Mandarin is a university trained allied health professional. He has worked in clinics, gyms and sports clubs across Melbourne obtaining valuable experience in treating people suffering from chronic conditions. He will be offering home-based or clinic-based programs to his patients.
The eight-year-old clinic has been gradually growing since 2010. It now has twelve staff, five service offerings and continues its aim to ‘relieve; manage; and prevent pain and injuries’. Exercise physiology is a natural progression for this wellness hub and a great asset for the Surrey Hills community.
To find our more or to book an appointment go to www.springosteo.com.au or call 03 9830 7044.
– Ends –
For further information, please contact:
Owner and Media Contact
Spring Osteo Clinic
Tel +61 3 9830 7044 / 0402 897 889
Dr Nick Harrison
Owner and Principal Osteopath
Spring Osteo Clinic
Tel +61 3 9830 7044 / 0414 598 245
About Spring Osteo Clinic
Spring Osteo Clinic has been part of the Surrey Hills community for over eight years. We aim to relieve; manage and prevent pain and injuries by offering osteopathy, remedial massage, exercise physiology, clinical Pilates and studio Pilates. We are located at 2/486 Whitehorse Road Surrey Hills, Vic. Pop in and say hello.